A number of administrative - territorial changes took place during the whole period to the socialist revolution. However, Kyiv district was the part of Kiev province. From December 1845 to the revolution significant changes didn’t take place. Kiev province was divided into 12 volosts , 203 townships, including district of Kyiv of 18 volosts, which included: Bilgorodska, Hotivska. (List of settlements of Kiev province. Kyiv in 1900, p. 1896).
In the first years of Soviet power in the territorial division of Kiev minor changes took place. April 27, 1921 was issued a resolution of the inclusion of Pereyaslavsky district to Kiev province. Kiev province was divided into 12 districts, Kyiv district into 20 volosts :Stoyanska, Hotivska, Shpytkivska ( provinces and volosts, uezd USSR - 15 November 1921, Kharkiv 1921, P. 11-13). 3-15 September 1920 Kyiv district as everyone else was eliminated. Since that time, and to the creation of areas, all districts directly subordinated to the center. After the reform in 1930 in Kyiv region remained two separate cities: Kyiv, Berdichiv, subordinated to the center - Kharkiv, and 19 districts and city executive committee. To it subordinated next 48 villages and 3 town executive committees, including Bilogorodskyy, Bobrytskyy, Hatnyanskyy, Horbovytskyy, Horenytskyy, Horenskyy, Moschunskyy, Petropavlovsko-Borschagivsky, Petrushkivskyy, Post-Vityanskyy, Knyazhytskyy, Kryukivschynskyy, Lisnykivskyy, Miccailo-Rubezhivskyy, Mostyschenskyy, village executive committees: Sophiivsko-Borschagovsky, Tarasivskyi, Hodosiyivskyy, Shpytkivskyy, Yurivskyy.
April 4, 1937 the Presidium of the CEC of USSR issued a decree on the establishment of administrative districts in the suburban areas and town centers. Were created Brovarsky and Kyivsky (Svyatoshinsky) areas. The composition of Kievsky (Svyatoshinsky) district became 33 village councils and 3 town councils: Belgorodska, Bobrytska, Hatnyanska, Horbovytska, Horenytska, Horenska, Kryukivschynska, Lisnykivska, Moschunska, Muzychanska, Petrushkivska, Petropavlivcko-Borschagivska Post-Vityanska, Sophiivsko-Borschagivska, Tarasivska, Hotivska, Shpytkivska, Yurivska, Lychanska, Michael-Rubezhivska, Mostyschenska, Hodosiyivska village council as part of Obukhiv district.
August 5, 1944 issued a decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet "On renaming, clarification and changes in the names of some cities, regional centers of Ukraine (Supreme Soviet of the USSR p. 9-10). According to the decree of Kyiv (Svyatoshinsky) area was renamed in Kiev- Svyatoshinsky area.
December 30, 1956 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv regional council town Boyarka transferred to the category of district subordination town. Boyarka - Budayevka with the assignment of name Boyarka. March 21, 1957 by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet in the border of Kyiv were included the following items of Kiev-Svyatoshynsky area: Pirogiv and Chapaivka, village of Dniprovskiy Shipping ,island "Zhukovka", Feofaniya, suburban area of settlement in Koncha-Zaspa. Pyrohivsky Village Council was abolished.
November 4, 1957 by the decision of Kyiv Regional Council, settlements New Boyarka and New Tarasivka were included in the border of twn Boyarka of Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky district (Supreme Soviet of the USSR in 1957, № 10 p. 202, 203, 205).
15 February 1958 be the decision of Kyiv Regional Council, Romanivka village council of Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area eliminated with the transfer of settlement in the line of town Irpin of Kyiv- Svyatoshinsky area.
Newly established settlement Vyshneve included in the record data and controlled by Kryukivschynska village council of Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area (News of Parliament of USSR in 1968 № 2, p. 50). 13 February 1960 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv, village Vyshneve of Kryukivschynskoyi village council of Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area began to be classified as urban settlements (Information BP USSR in 1960 № 8 p. 68, 69, 71).
December 20, 1960 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv, Myrotska Village Council of Borodyansky district transferred to the Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area (1961, № 3, p. 218, 220).
August 18, 1962 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv, village Vyshgorod of Kyiv- Svyatoshynsky area bean to be classified as urban village. (1962, № 35, p. 666).
December 30, 1962 by the Decree of the Presidium of parliament of USSR "On the relation and subordination of regional (industrial) Soviets towns SSR (Information from the Parliament, 1963 № 2 p. 24-25, 25-30). In the jurisdiction of the regional (industrial) councils were given the following cities of Kyiv region with subordination to the councils, settlements: Irpin, Boyarka, Vyshneve. December 30, 1962 was issued a decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of USSR "to increase the rural areas of the Ukrainian SSR (1963, № 2, p. 32-39). Was reduced 19 districts, 12 districts remained, including Kyiv- Svyatoshinsky (center- Kyiv).
June 1, by the decision of Executive Committee and Vuzivska and Lychanska village councils of Makarivsky district were transferred to the Kiev- Svyatoshinsky district. Litochkivska village council of Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area into the Borispil district. By the same decision, Dmitrovka and Petrivske Tolonunskoyi village council of Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area were combined in one village Petrivske (1963. № 26, p. 612.614).
September 25, 1963 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv industrial committee. Dimer of Irpen Executive Committee transferred into the jurisdiction of the Regional Council and incorporated into Kyiv- Svyatoshinsy area, and Boyarka of Irpin City Council passed into subordination of Vasylkivska City Council (1963, № 43, p. 824). 11 July 1964 in connection with the immigration of people, by the decision of the executive committee of the Kyiv regional council, v. Myrotske was excluded from the accounting data of Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area. January 4, 1965 was signed a Decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of USSR "On amending to the administrative districts of the Ukrainian SSR" (1965, № 3, p. 64).
According to this decree there was an unification of industrial and regional Soviets of USSR and enlargement of areas in the URSR region. In the Kiev region instead of 12, was formed 19 districts, including Kyiv- Svyatoshinsky area (center-Kyiv) within Boyarka, Bilgorodskoi, Vuzivskoi, Vita-Pochtovoi, Hatnyanskoyi, Horenytskoyi, Kryukivschynskoyi, Lychanskoyi, Myrotskoyi, Michailo-Rubezhivskoyi, Muzychanskoyi, Petropavlivskoi-Borschagivskoi, Petrushkivskoyi, Sophia-Borschagivskoi, Tarasivskoi, Hodosiyivskoyi, Hotivskoyi, Shpytkivskoyi rural councils.
November 19, 1966 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv-Yablonkivsky village council of Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area was included into the border of town Bucha of Irpin City Council (1966, № 48, p. 523). January 15, 1968 Village Mostische Horenskoyi village council of Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area was transferred to the jurisdiction of Gostomel village council (1967, № 4 p. 32).
January 18 by the decree of the Presidium of Verkhovna Rada of USSR "On the classification of town Vyshgorod of Kyiv-Sviatoshynsky area to the category of urban district subordination" (1968 p.13).
August 30, 1968 as part of Kyiv-Sviatoshynsky area was created Zabirska village council (v. Zabir'ya). The same decision of the Kiev region Zhornivskoyi center of the village council of Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky area moved to s.Knyazhychi and Village Council was renamed in Knyazhytskyy (1968, № 47, p. 580) .20 July 1970 by the decision of the Executive Committee, in connection with the resettlement of people, Rudya Tolokunska of Tolokunskoyi village council of Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area, was excluded from the accounting data. (1970, № 31, stor.318).
July 20, 1970 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv, Mechta and Stoyanka of Shpytkivskoy village council of Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area, were included in the credentials. 25 August 1971 was issued a decree of the Presidium of the USSR parliament to refer settlement Vyshneve and others in the category of cities of regional subordination (1971, № 35, p. 270).
April 10, 1972 by the decision of Kiev regional executive committee, was established Chabanivska town council, town Chabany. By the same decision was disbanded Lychanska village council and v. Lychanka was submitted in subordination of Shpytkivskiy village council, and v. Nehrashi in subordination of Muzychanskoyi village council of Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area.
v. Novosilky of Hotivskoyi village council –to Chabanivskiy village council.
Bohdanivska Village Council of Ivankivsky area incorporated into Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky District (1973, № 16 p. 131, 132).
November 27, 1972 in accordance with the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv regional council, in part with Vasikikyvsky district, was established Malyutyanska Village Council, with the center in v. Malyutyanka, which had become subordinated to the village Ivanovo, Hlevahskoyi village council (1972, № 50, p. 489). April 12, 1973 signed a Decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of USSR "On the creation of new districts of the Ukrainian SSR" (1973, № 17, p. 126).
Accordingly, it was established Yasnohorodska Village Council as part of Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky district .
May 22, 1978 by the decision of the Executive Committee of Kyiv Malyutyanska Village Council of Vasylkivsky district transferred to the Kyiv- Sviatoshynsky area (1978, № 24, p. 400).
Where does the name of our district, "Svyatoshinsky" come?
The name "Svyatoshinsky" comes from the name of the person who made great feat of peacemaking and compassion.
Name of this man Svyatoslav, St Mykola Svyatosha. He was the son of Chernigiv duke Danilo Sviatoslavovych and the grandson of Svyatoslav Yroslavovich- duke of Kyiv and Chernigiv. He lived in the 12th century. When Svyatoslav was a child, all loved him and kindly called Svyatosha. When Svyatosha grew, he found desire for faith in God and desired to serve him. So as an adult in 1107 he came to Kiev-Pechersky monastery, where a monk Mikola met him. And because of his extraordinary devotion, his name Svyatosha coincided with monk-name. So he came ever in the history of his native land.
Monk Mykola Svyatosha was very obedient and hardworking man. For three years he worked in the kitchen, chopped wood over the Dnipro and wore them on the shoulders to the monastery. The next three years he was a guard at the gate of the monastery, then went to serve in the refectory. Wherever he worked - all done with great desire. And even if after the departure of drought became a whister in separate cells (to care for the salvation of his soul) not abandoned work: at his cell planted lots of vegetables and never sat idle. Mykola Svyatosha was black tailor (sewed clothing). When he had out free time – he prayed a lot. Mykola Svyatosha marked peacefulness. During the debates of dukes in 1142, was like a mediator and conciliator. He was disinterested. All he received from his father and brothers, he gave to the building of churches, rewarded poor people. For his money were bought the books for many churches. Mykola loved to read, had a good library, which became the basis for a large library of Kyiv-Pecherska Lavra. For the money of Svyatosha in 1108 was built the church of the Holy Trinity, and separately - Hospital of St. Mykola Church.
In Kyiv-Pechersky monastery he lived for 36 and, he got the glory of the great ascetic. Svyatosha died on October 14, 1143. At his funeral came almost the whole population population of Kyiv.
The relics of St. Mykola are buried in the neighbor (Antonijvsky) caves. Land near Kyiv, which belonged to Svyatosha, and that he gave during his lifetime, indicating the great spiritual identity of this person, his living example will shine to people in the next millenniums. That’s why the region near Kyiv called Kyiv-Svyatoshynsky.
The book "Kyiv- Svyatoshinsky area"
The author-compiler V.V.Bolhov.2009
Kyiv- Svyatoshinsky. General characteristics
Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky district formed in 1937.
Geographical Location: Kiev Svyatoshinsky area located in the center of the Kiev region in the forest-steppe zone to the right of pool of river Dnipro. Klimat is temperate- continental with sufficient moisture, favorable for growing grain, vegetables and fruit and berry crops. In the west lies in 60km length to Kyiv, In the north it borders with Vyshgorodsky, in the north west - Borodyansky and Makarivsky, and on the south - Vasilkivsky and Obukhivsky districts.
Administrative staff: has 52 towns, including 2 towns of regional importance - Boyarka and Vyshneve, village Chabany and 49 villages in which there are two urban, one village, 25 rural executive committees. After the Chernobyl disaster in 1986, nine towns assigned to the zone of permanent radiological control. Administrative boundary of region covers-72 564 hectares, representing 2.6% of the total area.
The area without Irpin zone - 66,160 ha (within Irpin City Council - 6404 ha).
Population: The average number of actual population as of 01/01/09 was 153.3 thousand people, including: urban - 74.5 thousand, rural - 78.8 thousand. In Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky area resident citizens of different nationalities. The highest proportion are Ukrainians, Russians, Belorussians, Poles, Armenians, Jews, Azeris, Moldovans, Bulgarians, Georgians, Tatars.
Natural resources: useful minerals of district are mainly non-metallic (brick and tile clay, building sand) and peat fuel deposits. Explored a number of fields, underground water used in household and drinking purposes. Water resources: in the district are 15 river: Irpen, Rokach, Bucha, Kozyntsi, Bobritsa, Nyvka, Moschunka, Gorenka, Gorlyanka, Vita, Siverka etc.
Forest Conservation Area of national significance " Zhukiv Khutir" (Mihaylivsko-Rubezhivska village council) - 622.5 ha.;
Ornithological reserve of national significance "Zhornivskyy" (Knyazhytskyy village council) - 90.0 ha;
Park - monument of landscape architecture of local importance "Zhornivskyy" (Knyazhytskyy village council) - 5.2 ha;
The landscape reserve of local importance "Urochysche Kyrykove" (Lisnykivska village council) - 13.0 ha;
Botanical reserve of local importance "Gora Kozynska" (Lisnykivska village council) - 2.35 ha;
Botanical reserve of local importance "Urochysche Bezodnya" (Lisnykivska village council) - 3.35 ha;
Botanical nature monument "Jasen Zvuchainy" (Lisnykivska village council) -), 01 ha;
Reserved tract "Korchuvatnyk" (Shpytkivska village council) - 41.0 ha;
The geological nature monument "Belgorodsky gorb" (Bilogorodskyy village council).
Economy of district
The share of the district in ekonomy is:
In all areas of industry are employed 36,872 persons, including: industry – 8494, agriculture - 3,614 people, government - 918 people in other areas - 23,846 people.
In Kyiv- Svyatoshinsky region are 53 industrial enterprises of the main circle.
Branch structure of industry by type of industry present:
The main specialization of agricultural enterprises - growing of grain, vegetables, milk and meat.
In the area there are 28 agricultural enterprises, including: NDVAK "Pushcha Voditsa" (Kyiv), ALLC AF "Bilogorodka" (v. Bilogorodka), ALLC "Buzivske" (v. Buzova) ALLC AK "Tarasivska "(v. Tarasivka) ALLC AK" Hotivskyy "(v.Hotivka), ALLC" Ahrolend "(v. Shpitki), JV" Bucha "(v. Gostomel) Ltd AF" Knyazhychi "(v. Knyazhychi) Ltd. Firm "Kryukivschyna" (v. Kryukivschyna), SGK "Rubezhivskyy" (v. Michalivska Rubezhivka), PE "Amaranth-Agro" (v. Dmitrovka) PDP "Gito" (v. Gorenichi) PDP "Shevchenko" (v. Gorenichi), PE "Agrosvit" (v. Novosilky) Ltd AF "Ahroma" (v. Petropavlivska Borschagivka), OJSC "Kyiv vegetable factory" (Kyiv), OJSC "Plodorozsadnytske" (v. Petrivske), JSC "Zabir'ya "(v. Zabir'ya), JSC" ornamental culture "(Boyarka) DG" Dmitrovka "(v. Dmitrovka) DG" Novosilky "(v. Novosilky) DG" Chabany "( Chabany ), NDH "Vorzel" (Vorzel) SSE "Chaika" branch "Lisne" (v. Lisne), auxiliary facilities "Bobritsa" (v. Bobritsa) Branch "Antonov - Agro" DPANTK named by Antonov (island Kruglik).
Science and education
The district has:
Education in the district is represented by the one higher education institution of I-II levels of accreditation and 38 day schools of general (the number of students - 14 061), 37 pre-school institutions (number of children - 4912), 5 children's post-school institutions (involved 6,196 children)
In the area there are 44 medical institutions (clinics, ambulatories, health centers), 6 precinct hospitals, 1 city, 1 District, 17 primary health centers. Of the health of residents care about 3500 workers, including 5 distinguished doctors, 1 candidate of medical sciences.